The NICU team at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth are committed to providing family centred care and are proud of our excellent outcomes.
Our facilities include:
- accommodation for parents on the unit - four rooms in a parents-only area and with adjacent lounge, kitchen and bathroom facilities
- other accommodation for parents is available off the unit but on the hospital site
- a range of refreshment and restaurant facilities on the hospital site
- on-site hospital shop and Costa Coffee - both near to the unit.
We aim to work in partnership with you, keeping you involved and part of the decision making process. All members of our team are encouraged to adopt this philosophy. In addition to the doctors and nurses, we have a range of other professional who help to support family care. These include:
- a family counsellor - to help support you
- a parent group.